Thursday, February 26, 2009

ACEO?

OK, I admit it, until 2 days ago I was in the dark about ACEO's. I've seen that term everywhere on Etsy, but interested I was not. Etsy Maine Team put together a challenge to design a create an ACEO with a Maine theme utilizing some recycled or upcycled materials...still wondering what the heck an ACEO is...click here.

Being a good little soldier for my team and having a child who has been on the couch with the sniffles (read: not running around, getting into everything, with me trailing behind her), I took some time to crank out my very first ACEO! So, here's a few shots of mine. Crafted in metal (of course), embossed by hand, oxidized with torch flame, and antiqued with India ink.

Materials: recycled copper flashing, recycled matte board, copper wire, India ink

7 comments:

  1. Oh my godness!! This is amazing-- you win for sure!! :)
    SO COOL!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jenn...this is indeed quite fabulous!!!!!!!!!! You could sell these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper was a really nice choice...I like! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW...all I have to say! so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT is great!!! nice touch with the ah instead of er :)

    ReplyDelete