Friday, June 5, 2009

New Work, Sort Of...


This pendant has been kicking around for a while. I made it for Maine Team's winter challenge. It was ok...but lacked the grittiness I like in my work....you know, oxidation to the sterling, scraps, bumps, and bruises. And I really detested this chain. So, I updated the pendant and it feels more like a Quench piece.

Just a little coloration to the sterling, sanding of the rivets, and a modern sterling cable wire to replace the chain. A vast improvement, wouldn't you agree?

4 comments:

  1. It's perfect Jen, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - isn't it a good feeling to re-work something into a piece that is more "YOU"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, it was so-so before but you made it spectacular! I "love" the contrast - are those seriously all tiny rivets ??
    lovely!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I were a metalsmither like you. It sure looks fun. For now I just have to do my "messy" concrete creations! It's messy but someone has to do it right?

    ReplyDelete