Monday, January 30, 2012

Ode to Button



 There once was a small, oval button
Lost among its larger, shiny cousins
together in a tin
its chances seemed rather slim
to be ever discovered.



Until one day a jeweler came along
pawing through the tin
of buttons: brass, bakelite, and bone,
looking for a button so rare
to set in a ring and to the world share.



That button she found covered in grime
surrounded by its brethren
meant to outshine.

The jeweler cleaned and buffed
this sweet oval shell
back to its glory
when all was well.

No longer on a shirt or in a tin
this beauty's life is 
just about
to begin.





5 comments:

  1. Very nice !! I too have vintage buttons from my grandmothers. I have made many jewelry pieces, I do solder but I am still a bezel virgin . It seems so intimidating . Did you make your forge your bezel ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I shall never see,

    a button as beautiful as thee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love seeing what you do with vintage buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cool way to recycle a button.

    ReplyDelete