Monday, December 15, 2008

Favorite New Tool



Meet the new love of my life...the rotary tumbler. Where have you been all these years? I knew where to find you, but I denied myself the joy you would bring me. Oh, how I was so wrong!

My new friend polishes a couple of dozen items BEAUTIFULLY, all at once! So, little Miss Jeweler can get back to other bench work while Mr. Tumbler quietly rumbles away. The pic below is the media that works my pieces into that lovely luster...steel shot in various shapes and hard plastic pellets.



A generous squirt of dish soap, a little warm water, and the tumbling media is all that is required. Amazing! How did I get by all those years without one?

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious as to why you include the plastic pellets in addition to the steel shot? I've always just used stainless steel shot by itself, and have never heard of combining the two.

    ReplyDelete