Thursday, December 24, 2009

Simple Gifts


Sometimes, the very best gifts are the ones you least expect. My favorite gifts are those that allow me to slow down and savor my life and those I love. As our dear girl grows and matures, I am presented with daily gifts from this little fiery biscuit in the form of songs (carols as of late...she sings the 12 Days of Christmas perfectly from the Fifth Day down), grown up words (she used "actually" this morning referring to the ice on the river and had us both in stitches), and handmade artworks.

I'll cherish this handmade card always. I'm sure her teacher helped her with the writing of her name, but this is priceless and innocent and marks a stage in my girl's growth into a little person. Can you tell I am a proud mama? Another gift comes in the form of time to spend as a family during my husband's vacation. I get the gift to observe father and daughter being silly, discussing football, and cuddling while sharing a good book. Can you tell that I am a proud mama and wife?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Quench household to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment