Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hearts in Progress

Hello, my dear friend, the bench.

After a long vacation that consisted of absolutely no bench work, I have returned to the studio (in a new location...yes, I moved, again). I'm thinking hearts and the next holiday that begins with V. However, if I was a marketing extraordinaire, The Valentine's Day pieces would have been made and promoted six months ago. Unfortunately, I'm unable, and outright refuse, to plan, think, and market that far ahead! So, I am creating a handful of heart-themed rings, brooches, and rings for the coming weeks.


The studio's new digs is the old nursery. Our girl has grown out of this little room and we switched rooms during the holiday break. The curtains will be history in a couple of days, but the striped walls WILL stay....a labor of love procured by yours truly and my mum. Taping everything off took forever and shall the stripes stay forever (or until I have a strong yearning for robin's egg blue walls...hmmm).


Soon to be pendants.


The dark hearts will be stacker rings.


Ah! The stacker almost ready for the finish.

And, hello 2010! What will you bring the bench and me this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment