Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Bees in my Bonnet


I'm always sketching designs that pop into my head...in my sketchbook, on note paper, napkins, the back of receipts. Usually, for the most part, those images and creations from my inner artist progress no further than a rough scribble or two on paper. However, this pendant made it into the three dimensional world. Ah, satisfaction. Now, I'm determined to make one design from my stash of sketches every week. Wish me luck and send a babysitter.

Also, my super fantabulous friend, Jes, featured me and this pendant in her new column on Indie Public. Jes' column is titled "She Dreams of Art" and in this installment featured a few of my Maine Team peeps including Kellie of Wordy Smith and Bob from Heron Cove Woodcarving. When you are reading my bit in her column, I apologize for the annoying, repetitive use of the exclamation point. That's a habit I certainly need to break.

Lastly, remember my post about photographing with props?? If not, you can find it here. Well, I scoured my house for interesting textures and colors. In the back of my china cabinets, I found my collection of rust old cheese and nutmeg graters (thanks to Martha Stewart's Halloween issue 3 years ago...I HAD to buy all of the graters at our local antique mall to achieve a spooky "tablescape"). The dots of back light through the grater holes and the warm rust colors may be just the element I need in my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment