Friday, November 21, 2008

'Tis the Season Preview

A cold and quiet evening here in Maine. I'm avoiding the studio and blogging instead! The temperature is 20 degrees and falling. Yikes! Winter will soon arrive. The pics below are a few winter/holiday themed items I'm creating for the Etsy Maine Team Holiday Challenge. I'm not sure why its called a 'challenge'...its more of a promotional tool.

That little 3 tiered guy is my minimalistic snowman.


Red coral and pearl cluster, the best colors for the season.


My version of snowfall...sorry for the yellow tint. This is a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L piece.


Italian wool cowl
When I'm not working in metal, I am knitting. This has been an on again, off again hobby of mine for 7 years. I have a shameful amount of fine Italian yarn stashed in all corners of our home. This funky, colorful Italian wool will be a shaggy cowl when finished (I have unraveled it twice...don't ask).
5 Helpful Items from my week:
1. hand lotion
2. mouse traps
3. hats
4. chamomile tea with honey
5. my flex-shaft
How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Those are all lovely! (I esp. love the snowflake pendant...)

    and 20 degrees and falling? brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you knit too! Amazing.

    Helpful items this week:

    Lots of coffee
    Good Sleep
    Fresh air
    Body Lotion & Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete
  3. The works in progress are beautiful. Helpful items of the week...Computer (work related), hot chocolate, hand lotion, electric blanket, and chap stick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I just came over from Etsy, and wanted to say that I like your blog very much! I'll add it to my blog roll. Best of luck to you!

    Amy (choci on Etsy)

    ReplyDelete