Sunday, November 2, 2008

Making Ingots




After nursing this cold for almost a week and generally lazing about, I ventured back into my studio today (AND feeling much better, thank you!). I have a commission that requires a nice amount of sterling sheet. Being a resourceful New England gal, I melted my sterling scraps and poured a few ingots to form/roll into 18 gauge sterling. Melting and pouring metal is thrilling, exhilarating, nerve racking, and commanding. Oh, I'm a lucky girl!
Sorry there are no photos of the pouring process. My husband, assigned photog for the day, was called away by the princess of the house. I promise to digitally catch the pour soon to share with you all.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy the "in-working" progress pics! Thanks for sharing.

    Sounds like you are finally feeling better.

    ReplyDelete