Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Studio Views

Ah, ~sniffle~ this cold is still clinging! No studio today...just lots of photo work and a couple more listing in my shop. I listed this pendant this past weekend. I'm asking too little for it...really. I just found a price list when it was at a gallery on the coast of Maine. Wow. I want people to be able to afford my jewelry (I KNOW this is still pricey...but have you checked out the price of gold lately?) , but I don't want to jeopardize my work ethic either.



Two more studio views. The top one is a basic bench shot...disc cutter, hammer, little porcelain dish of baubles (mostly pearls), some files in the background (yes, I cleaned and organized BEFORE I took these pictures). The bottom picture is my rolling mill. My steel baby. I bought this right after graduation (14 years ago!) for a chunk of change. A Durston, 120mm dual side rolling mill made in England. It weighs as much a dead moose. Seriously. AND, worth its weight in gold.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting tools. That mill does look like a monster. Have you ever done an inventory of all your tools and equipment for cost? Just wondering how much investment is needed in metalworks.

    In college my dad dabbled in metalworks since he had a minor in Art. His watercolor paintings were his specialty though. He gave me one of his rings he made and I still wear it. I'll take a pic one of these days and show you.

    I sure hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tainter, no, I haven't done an inventory (I REALLY should though!). Let me look things over and I can give you a number in a day or two!

    Yes, would love to see the ring!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete