Monday, October 20, 2008

Resurrection

Many years ago, I had another collection of work. I put a huge amount of time, effort, and emotion into this line. I recently, for PR purposes, gave it the name Armor (which completely works for me both literally and figuratively). These pieces, some shown below, are constructed with nickel silver and 18k gold. For those who are unfamiliar with nickel silver, its primary function is base metal for costume jewelry. I think it is a splendid fine jewelry metal. Granted, many people are allergic to this metal. BUT, why should it be outlawed (not really outlawed, just scoffed at) as a fine jewelry component? Many people are allergic to peanut butter, but ya' still see it on the market shelves, right?

OK, I was saying...this was a collection that I was happy to call mine, from start to finish. It is all hand constructed. I have several pieces packed away. I'm wondering if I should list these items in my Etsy shop OR set up another shop featuring these higher end, one-of-a-kind pieces. Any thoughts? I'm worried that the two collections listed together in the same shop will look disjointed.


The necklace above is also part of that collection. I made a group of pendants/necklaces that I refer as the Amulet collection. Since making these amulet pendants, I have noticed many design houses and jewelers creating "amulet" pieces of their own (in No way am I claiming the birth right to this design....PA-LEASE!). I am considering doing an off-shoot of my Vintage collection to incorporate the buttons and the amulets. I think it would be a great merge.

A BIG thanks to Vintage Junque Revival (http://sweetpeas.motime.com/) for including a great picture of my work in her blog from yesterday's Etsy Maine Team meeting in Rockland. Thank you all for your enthusiasm, words of wisdom, and new friendships. I look forward to many more gatherings!
Lastly, 5 things on I'm craving today (not pregnant, just hungry!):
1. Lindt truffles (dark chocolate)
2. Sushi (except for those big, squishy salmon roe pieces, yuck).
3. Iced tea
4. Soft pretzels with spicy mustard
5. Fried chicken
How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Amulet pendent collection. Your pieces amaze me. Just when I think I've seen my favorite one, then you come up with another great one! I'm so glad you are blogging.

    What am I craving tonight....CHOCOLATE, ice cream, and strong coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo...what a FABULOUS blog filled with lovley thoughts and gorgeous photos!

    YOU ARE welcome for the mention, and thanks right back at you!

    You should submit your work to Belle Amoire Jewelry magazine!!! (I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it) I have two article in it that will be out Dec. 1rst. The editor had found me and asked me to do it, and gave me the courage I needed. Now I'm passing that courage onto you! CONSIDER it and we'll talk and I'll fill you in on the details!!

    xoxox ~Jes

    ReplyDelete