Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Naps, Coffee, and Cold fingers

A quick blogland 'hello' this evening as I have emerged from my dank, cold dungeon...oops, I meant to type my well-lit, cozy studio (in my mind it is this way...my hands and feet will tell a different story), to make myself a mug of hot chocolate. Working during the daylight hours has become a challenge. I have reluctantly shifted to night working. As much as I hate to work at night, I found two bonuses to this new arrangement. I get to take a nap during the day to fire up for the graveyard shift and I can drink COFFEE in the afternoon! Hooray for me! If I could only get my frigid extremities to agree. Oh, the pic above are my little bobble head animals on the windowsill by the kitchen sink. A random happy shot.
Above is an Alexander Calder piece. I believe it was a gift to either his wife or a daughter. A group of mini mobiles with cigar box storage. I dig Calder's lust and energy for balancing whimsy and function. In my opinion, he was one of the greatest 20th century sculptors. I would give my left arm (gladly if my fingers don't start thawing soon) to hang out with him in his studio/workshop, making functional objects that mask as sculptures.

Off to work I go. In parting here's 5 things I can't live without:
1. Wool socks, preferably Smart Wool.
2. My scribe/ burnisher from Germany.
3. Coffee in the morning (how I DID live without it when I was pregnant is a mystery).
4. A hair dryer and hair gel...I'm not vain. I have fine, straight hair.
5. My Canon A530

3 comments:

  1. Cute bobble head animals!!! Kinda reminds me of something my daughter made in art class years ago...it was suppose to be our cat, but it actually looks like a spotted cow, hee, hee! I never threw it away because it reminds me of the happy times when my daughter was young...my little girl is now turning 22 yrs. old!!!! Cherish these days with your daughter cuz they go really, really fast.

    I'm craving a second cup of coffee this morning to wake me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! Having small children and a business to run really is a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out and leaving a note on my blog Jen. I ADORE your jewelry. My mother-in-law and her mother had a button collection for 30 years and sold it a few years ago for $10,000. I have some remnants of the collection so I have a few buttons I really love....now I'm thinking I could commission a piece or two from you...

    ReplyDelete